Founded in 1945 with two attorneys, Nexsen Pruet is now one of the largest law firms in the Southeastern United States.
- 1945 - Founded in Columbia, SC as Cooper and Gary. Back then the firm offered securities, corporate, real estate and probate law services. Mr. Julian J. Nexsen was one of the first four attorneys at the firm.
- 1960's - The firm name is changed to Cooper Gary Nexsen and Pruet.
- 1970's - Following the deaths of firm founders Mr. Paul Cooper and Mr. Frank Gary, the firm name is changed to Nexsen Pruet Jacobs and Pollard.
- 1991 - An established Charleston business and real estate firm led by Neil C. Robinson, Jr., merges with Nexsen Pruet to expand Nexsen Pruet's Charleston office.
- 1993 - Attorneys Tom Stephenson and Joel Stoudenmire join Nexsen Pruet and open the Firm's Greenville, SC office.
- 1995 - Nexsen Pruet opens its Charlotte, NC office.
- 1998 - Attorney Brian Kernaghan helps open the Firm's Myrtle Beach, SC office.
- 1998 -1999 Two intellectual property law firms join Nexsen Pruet. Michael A. Mann, P.A., of Columbia, SC and the Hardaway Law Firm of Greenville, SC bring decades of IP experience to Nexsen Pruet.
- 2000 - Attorney Ed Hughes joins Nexsen Pruet and opens the Firm's office in Hilton Head Island, SC.
- 2004 - Adams Kleemeier Hagan Hannah and Fouts of Greensboro, NC merges with Nexsen Pruet to become Nexsen Pruet Adams Kleemeier, LLC. This merger opens a 7th office for Nexsen Pruet and expands the firm's services in North Carolina.
- January 2008 - Nexsen Pruet Adams Kleemeier announces that its offices in Greensboro and Charlotte will formally change names to Nexsen Pruet.
- October 2008 - Former Chief Judge, William W. "Billy" Wilkins, joins Nexsen Pruet to lead the firm's White-Collar Crime, Appellate Advocacy, and Corporate Compliance/Crisis Management practice groups.
- January 2009 - Nexsen Pruet opens a Raleigh office that includes Ernie Pearson, former Assistant Secretary of Economic Development for the North Carolina Department of Commerce, and former Governor Jim Holshouser.
We are excited to see what the future holds.