Business Development Coordinator
The Business Development Coordinator will work closely with practice group leaders, industry team leaders, firm attorneys and other business development team members to support all business development and marketing activities for assigned practice groups and geographic markets.
This position is located in the firm’s Columbia, Charleston or Greenville office and reports to the Business Development & Client Service Manager.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Serve as practice group advisor for specific practice areas and client teams as assigned.
- Meet regularly with assigned practice group leaders. Assist assigned practice groups and teams in implementing actionable, business development plans that will be tracked and updated regularly.
- Play a key role in lateral integration and support for assigned groups.
- Research, identify and target new business development opportunities from existing clients and/or prospects.
- Stay abreast of current developments and trends impacting industries, clients and prospects.
- Make recommendations on memberships and participating in industry organizations and publications.
- Support practice group leaders with budgeting of practice group expenses as required and follow up throughout the year.
- Gather information on representative work, deals and matters for practice group meetings and directory submissions.
- Maintain and organize firm-branded items, researching new items, and ordering event related logo items as needed.
- Support RFP and proposal responses by drafting and editing materials and coordinating responses from other firm administrative and practice groups as needed.
- Track RFP responses firm wide for regular communication to partners.
- Coordinate client-facing webinar presentations, seminars and briefings for assigned practice groups and coordinate with the appropriate person in each office to ensure events run seamlessly.
- Assist in the preparation of content marketing materials like alerts, insights, articles and other publications for distribution to practice and/or office-specific mailing lists and contacts.
- Draft and edit responses for submissions to listings and directories (Chambers, Best Lawyers, etc.) as needed for assigned practice groups and teams.
- Serve as back-up support to Business Development Team during times when workloads are heavy, assistants are out of the office, or as needed.
Demonstrated success in professional services marketing, preferably in the legal marketing area.
Undergraduate degree, preferably in marketing, business, or communications-related field.
Three to five years of experience in marketing and business development is needed.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required. Familiarity with ContactNet and Contact Manager a plus.
Excellent writing and editing skills are necessary. Follow through, attention to detail, creativity, flexibility, professional demeanor, and the ability to work in fast-paced environment required.
Forward resumes to Ashley Pace, Director of Business & Practice Development at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.