Michael T. Brittingham is a Certified Tax Specialist who focuses his practice on employee benefits and related tax matters, including qualified and non-qualified retirement plans, welfare benefit plans, fringe benefits, and executive compensation.
Mr. Brittingham has substantial experience with related litigation.
In addition to Mr. Brittingham's advanced legal studies, he practiced public accounting with a national accounting firm and is a Certified Public Accountant.
- Best Lawyers in America - Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law; Litigation (ERISA) since 2007
- Certified Tax Specialist
- Certified Public Accountant
- Nexsen Pruet Helps Employers Comply as Health Care Law Deadlines Loom
To help businesses comply with deadlines of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), Nexsen Pruet’s Employment and Labor Law group is hosting seminars on September 25th in South Carolina and on October 3rd in North Carolina.
- Nexsen Pruet Attorneys Named to the 2013 Edition of Best Lawyers in America®
Nexsen Pruet attorneys have been named to the Best Lawyers in America® list for 2013.
- 62 Attorneys Named to the 2012 Edition of Best Lawyers®
Nexsen Pruet is proud to announce that 62 of its attorneys have been named to the 2012 edition of Best Lawyers®.
- Fifty-nine Attorneys Selected for Best Lawyers in America®; Five Practice Areas Listed Among Top in the Carolinas
Nexsen Pruet is proud to announce that 59 of its attorneys have been named to the 2011 edition of Best Lawyers®.
- Nexsen Pruet Attorneys Recognized by Their Peers
Nineteen Nexsen Pruet attorneys have been named to the 2010 list of South Carolina Super Lawyers®.
- COBRA Subsidy Extended and Expanded
On December 19, 2009, President Obama signed into law the Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2010 (2010 DOD Act), part of which extends and expands the program that subsidizes continued health care coverage under COBRA for certain involuntarily terminated employees.
- SC Chamber of Commerce - "HR Minutes: Employee Benefits"
Tim Timmons, HR director at the South Carolina Chamber of Commerce, talks with Nexsen Pruet Employment and Labor Law attorney Mike Brittingham about new guidelines from the Federal Government regarding retirement savings plans.
- Nexsen Pruet Earns Designation as 'Midlands Green Business'
Nexsen Pruet has earned designation as a Midlands Green Business, joining other Columbia-area organizations that are committed to environmentally responsible practices in the workplace.
- Fifty-eight Attorneys Selected for Best Lawyers in America®
Fifty-eight Nexsen Pruet attorneys will be included in the 2010 edition of The Best Lawyers in America®.
- Twenty-Five Nexsen Pruet Attorneys Named Among South Carolina’s Super Lawyers®
Twenty-five Nexsen Pruet attorneys have been named to the 2009 list of South Carolina Super Lawyers®.
- Nexsen Pruet Event Featured in SC Lawyers Weekly
The March 9th edition of SC Lawyers Weekly features a story about Nexsen Pruet's recent briefing on changes to COBRA.
- COBRA Changes Impact All Employers Providing Group Health Coverage
New changes to COBRA will impact almost every employer. Nexsen Pruet's Employment and Labor Law Group responds by holding a special breakfast briefing on Friday, February 27th.
- Nexsen Pruet Video Featured on Website
The Employment Law Information Network features Nexsen Pruet on its website.
- Video - "Employment Law: How Will the 2008 Election Impact You and Your Business?"
Employers can expect that efforts will be made to significantly change employment and labor laws and regulations over the next several months. Nexsen Pruet Employment and Labor Law attorneys David Dubberly, William Floyd, Cherie Blackburn and Mike Brittingham provide a briefing to help clients prepare for the changes.
- 45 Nexsen Pruet Attorneys Selected for Best Lawyers
Columbia, SC – Forty-five Nexsen Pruet attorneys will be included in the 2009 edition of The Best Lawyers in America®. The publication also ranks Nexsen Pruet #1 in eleven practice areas in South Carolina and three in North Carolina.
- 18 Nexsen Pruet Attorneys Named Among South Carolina's "Super Lawyers"
- 38 Nexsen Pruet Attorneys Names To "The Best Lawyers in America 2008"
Thirty-eight attorneys from Nexsen Pruet, LLC were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2008 – including six who have now earned the honor for 10 years or more.
- 32 Nexsen Pruet Attorneys Named to 2007 Edition of "Best Lawyers in America"
Thirty-two attorneys from Nexsen Pruet, LLC have been named to the 2007 edition of Best Lawyers in America – including six who have now earned the honor for 10 years or more.
- Americans with Disabilities Act UPDATE - Employment Law Briefing Covers Recent Developments
Employers constantly struggle with how to apply important ADA requirements to day-to-day issues that arise in the workplace. Please join us for a free breakfast briefing for employers about recent developments under the ADA.
- Three Attorneys Join Nexsen Pruet, Further Strengthening Benefits and Employment Practice
Nexsen Pruet, LLC, announced today that three new attorneys have joined the firm, bringing added strength and experience to its employee benefits, labor, and employment practice.
- “Employee Benefits: Legalities in Discrimination of Health Benefits”
2010 SCACPA Industry Conference
October 11-12, 2010
- University of North Carolina, B.S., 1984
- University of South Carolina, J.D., 1990
- University of Florida, LL.M., 1991
Bar & Court Admissions
Civic & Professional Memberships
- South Carolina Bar
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- South Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
- South Carolina Compensation and Benefits Professionals
- Employee Benefits Committee - South Carolina Chamber of Commerce