Leon Harmon practices primarily in the areas of employment, environmental and OSHA law.
Mr. Harmon has experience in air, water and hazardous waste permitting, compliance matters, super-fund cases and environmental considerations in business transactions. Mr. Harmon also has experience in the areas of OSHA and labor and employment law, representing management in matters before the National Labor Relations Board, discrimination cases and wrongful discharge claims.
A native of Lexington, SC, Mr. Harmon is an honors graduate of Clemson University in chemical engineering and a Licensed Professional Engineer.
Mr. Harmon is involved in a number of community and professional activities.
- Best Lawyers in America, Environmental Law since 2008
- Law Clerk, United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, 1983-1984
- Licensed Professional Engineer - South Carolina, 1990
- 13 Nexsen Pruet Attorneys Named “Lawyer of the Year” for 2013
Thirteen Nexsen Pruet attorneys have been named as a "Lawyer of the Year" for 2013 by Best Lawyers in America®.
- Nexsen Pruet Attorneys Named to the 2013 Edition of Best Lawyers in America®
Nexsen Pruet attorneys have been named to the Best Lawyers in America® list for 2013.
- 62 Attorneys Named to the 2012 Edition of Best Lawyers®
Nexsen Pruet is proud to announce that 62 of its attorneys have been named to the 2012 edition of Best Lawyers®.
- Fifty-nine Attorneys Selected for Best Lawyers in America®; Five Practice Areas Listed Among Top in the Carolinas
Nexsen Pruet is proud to announce that 59 of its attorneys have been named to the 2011 edition of Best Lawyers®.
- Judge praises PCB removal work along Twelve Mile
The December 9, 2009 edition of The Greenville News features an article entitled "Judge praises PCB removal work along Twelve Mile." Nexsen Pruet attorneys Billy Wilkins and Leon Harmon were appointed special receivers to oversee the project.
- Fifty-eight Attorneys Selected for Best Lawyers in America®
Fifty-eight Nexsen Pruet attorneys will be included in the 2010 edition of The Best Lawyers in America®.
- "Judge steps up cleanup of PCBs"
An article in The Greenville News entitled "Judge steps up cleanup of PCBs" details how two Nexsen Pruet attorneys will oversee the removal of dams and PCB-contaminated sediment in Twelve Mile River.
- Nexsen Pruet to Sponsor 6th Annual Innoventure Conferences
When entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, educators, and business leaders gather for the 6th annual InnoVenture Conference in Greenville, they’ll have the full support of Nexsen Pruet. The law firm is a founding sponsor of the event, which brings together global thought leaders from the corporate, technology, and higher education worlds in a day-long event scheduled for March 24 at the Carolina First Center.
- Nexsen Pruet Moves into New Office Space in Greenville
Nexsen Pruet has moved into new office space in Greenville.
- "Please re-lease me: Upstate office glut looms"
The October 27, 2008 edition of GSA Business features a story about Nexsen Pruet's upcoming move and the amount of vacant office space in the Greenville area.
- Nexsen Pruet Creates Distressed Property and Workout Practice Group
The new group will provide clients with resources, skills and experience to help navigate issues that emerge during periods of economic and financial uncertainty.
- 45 Nexsen Pruet Attorneys Selected for Best Lawyers
Columbia, SC – Forty-five Nexsen Pruet attorneys will be included in the 2009 edition of The Best Lawyers in America®. The publication also ranks Nexsen Pruet #1 in eleven practice areas in South Carolina and three in North Carolina.
- 38 Nexsen Pruet Attorneys Names To "The Best Lawyers in America 2008"
Thirty-eight attorneys from Nexsen Pruet, LLC were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2008 – including six who have now earned the honor for 10 years or more.
- Americans with Disabilities Act UPDATE - Employment Law Briefing Covers Recent Developments
Employers constantly struggle with how to apply important ADA requirements to day-to-day issues that arise in the workplace. Please join us for a free breakfast briefing for employers about recent developments under the ADA.
- Clemson University, B.S., 1971
- Lewis and Clark College-Northwestern School of Law and Emory University, J.D., 1982
Bar & Court Admissions
- South Carolina
Civic & Professional Memberships