David E. Dubberly chairs the Firm’s Employment and Labor Law Practice Group; he also co-chairs the Firm's International Law Team.
Mr. Dubberly helps companies with compliance, defense of government investigations, litigation, and mediation/arbitration.
In the employment area, he has extensive experience with trade secret/non-compete, whistleblower, OSHA, discrimination/harassment/retaliation, wage and hour, employment contract, immigration, and employee benefits cases. He also has extensive experience drafting employment and severance and related agreements.
In the international area, he has extensive experience with negotiating sales, supply, design, manufacturing, joint venture, distribution, agency, licensing, and related agreements, and with handling cases related to international commercial agreements.
- Listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Business Lawyers since 2004
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America since 2006
- Listed in South Carolina Super Lawyers since 2008
- Listed in Super Lawyers Corporate Counsel Edition since 2009
- Certified by the South Carolina Supreme Court as a Specialist in Employment and Labor Law since 1993
- Chair, South Carolina Supreme Court's Employment and Labor Law Specialization Advisory Board (2011; Member, 1995-1998 and 2005-2010)
- Former law clerk to the Honorable Curtis G. Shaw, South Carolina Court of Appeals
- Co-Chair, American Bar Association's International Law Section Employment Law Committee (2004-2005)
- Chair, American Bar Association's International Law Section Foreign Investment in the U.S. Committee (2001-2004)
- Chair, South Carolina Bar's Employment and Labor Law Section (1992-1993)
- Chair, South Carolina Bar's International Law Committee (1998-2001)
- Member, Central SC Alliance's Committee of 100 Board of Directors (1996-1999, 2011-)
- Member, Columbia Urban League Board of Directors (1987-1993)
David Dubberly presented "Workplace Investigations: Confidential or not?" to the Fairfield County Chamber of Commerce and Fairfield Economic Development agency on March 12, 2013.
- Bob Jones University, B.A., 1981
- University of South Carolina, J.D., 1984
Bar & Court Admissions
- South Carolina all state and federal courts
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Fourth, Sixth, and Federal Circuits
Civic & Professional Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Greater Columbia Chamber of Commerce, Committee of 100
- Columbia Urban League
- Leadership South Carolina Alumni Association
- Leadership Columbia Alumni Association
- Midlands International Trade Association
- South Carolina District Export Council