Matthew S. DeAntonio is an Associate in the firm’s Business Litigation Group.
Mr. DeAntonio works with corporate clients, from various industries including manufacturing, broadcasting and motorsports, to resolve business disputes. His experience includes:
- Defense of a regional employer in proposed class action lawsuit alleging systematic racial discrimination
- Negotiation of contract disputes for numerous businesses, including breach of warranty and earnout claims arising out of stock and asset purchase agreements
- Advised contractor in arbitration against owner of chemical facility seeking $20 million in damages for breach of warranty and liquidated damages
- Represented media client, at trial court and on appeal, in First Amendment challenge for access to court proceedings and sealed documents
Mr. DeAntonio began his career as a law clerk for the South Carolina Judiciary Committee, where he drafted a legal guide to redistricting under Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act of 1964.
Mr. DeAntonio earned a Bachelor of Science, cum laude, from the University of South Carolina Honors College, and spent the summer of 2005 studying at Universidad Veritas in San Jose, Costa Rica.
He graduated with his law degree, cum laude, from the University of South Carolina School of Law. While there, he served as articles editor of the South Carolina Law Review and was a member of the Moot Court Bar, Order of the Barristers; Order of the Coif; and Order of the Wig and Robe.
- University of South Carolina, B.S., 2006
- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D., 2009
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of North Carolina
Civic & Professional Memberships
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association