Franklin G. Daniels' broad-based real estate, corporate and economic development experience spans both the corporate and the law firm settings.
Mr. Daniels is the managing member (partner) of the firm's Myrtle Beach office and serves as Chair of the Real Estate Practice Group for the firm. The Real Estate Practice Group currently consists of 22 attorneys and 10 paralegals. Daniels concentrates his practice in multiple areas within the Real Estate Group. His background includes matters related to general business transactions, economic development and incentives, public finance, non-profit and tax-exempt issues, state and local government taxation, military housing privatization and hotel and convention center projects.
Previously, Daniels served in a number of high-ranking capacities at Burroughs and Chapin Company, Inc., the Myrtle Beach real estate and development firm. These included Senior Vice President and General Counsel; Chief Legal and Strategic Planning Officer; and Chief Legal and Administrative Officer.
Prior to that, he was with a large business law firm in Charleston and Myrtle Beach, where his focus was on corporate, real estate, tax, and economic development matters. Daniels also worked for several years with Bank of America before going to law school.
He earned his undergraduate degree from Wofford College and his law degree from the University of South Carolina School of Law. During law school, he was awarded the Order of the Coif, Order of the Wig and Robe and received several CALI awards. In addition, he was the Managing Editor of the ABA Real Property, Probate and Trust Journal. Daniels also has an LL.M. in taxation from New York University.
Daniels is deeply involved in the state and local community. He was recently appointed to the board of visitors for the Medical University of South Carolina. He served on the board of directors of the E. Craig Wall College of Business
Administration at Coastal Carolina University and was a member of the school’s College of Humanities and Fine Arts Board of Visitors for several years prior to this appointment.
Additionally, he is the immediate past president of the Friends of Brookgreen Gardens; immediate past chairman of the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce's Board of Directors; a member of its Executive Committee and its Legislative Policy Council; a member of the Executive Committee of the Myrtle Beach Regional Economic Development Corporation; a member of the Low Country Day School Board of Trustees; and a past board member of the South Carolina Alzheimer’s Association Palmetto Chapter and the Georgetown County Habitat for Humanity.
Daniels also served on a subcommittee of Gov. Mark Sanford’s Commission on Management, Accountability and Performance, and was a member of the board of directors of the South Carolina Captive Insurance Association and BCI Insurance Services, L.L.C. He was a member of the Class of 2008 of the Liberty Fellowship Program of South Carolina and hopes to complete this program sometime in the future.
- Franklin Daniels Appointed to the Medical University of South Carolina Board of Visitors
Nexsen Pruet attorney Franklin G. Daniels has been appointed to the Medical University of South Carolina's Board of Visitors.
- "Realty Income to Acquire American Realty Capital Trust in $2.95 Billion Transaction"
Nexsen Pruet is proud to have assisted in a $2.95 billion dollar transaction for Realty Income.
- "Garden & Gun Claws Its Way Back From the Brink"
Garden & Gun, a national Southern lifestyle magazine based in Charleston, SC and client of the firm, is featured in The New York Times.
- "Myrtle Beach Regional Economic Development Corp. approves amended contract, changes to future contract approval process"
On November 9th, Myrtle Beach's The Sun News reported on how the Myrtle Beach Regional Economic Development Corporation has "approved contract changes recommended by its lawyer and gave the OK for several changes in the approval process for future contracts."
- “Third Time a Charm for Theme Park?”
The Sun News calls on Nexsen Pruet attorney Franklin Daniels for an article about the future of Freestyle Music Park in Myrtle Beach.
- "Freestyle Music Park may get a new ticket to ride"
Attorneys David Slough and Franklin Daniels talk to The Sun News about efforts to reopen Freestyle Music Park in Myrtle Beach.
- "1st District hopefuls face off on Strand"
The Sun News reports on a debate between candidates seeking the Republican nomination for South Carolina's 1st Congressional District. Nexsen Pruet attorney Franklin Daniels moderated the debate.
- Republican 1st Congressional District Runoff Debate Scheduled in Myrtle Beach, SC
Nexsen Pruet attorney Franklin Daniels will moderate a Republican 1st Congressional District Runoff Debate on June 14th.
- Nexsen Pruet Attorney Franklin Daniels Elected Myrtle Beach Area Chamber Board Chairman
The election occurred Dec. 8 during the board’s December meeting.
- "Myrtle Beach Area Chamber presses 'Fudd' case"
An article in The Sun News entitled "Myrtle Beach Area Chamber presses 'Fudd' case" details the latest developments in a lawsuit brought by the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Chamber's Lawsuit Makes Headlines
Grand strand media outlets report on the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce's lawsuit against "Elmer Fudd."
- Nexsen Pruet: Only Law Firm Listed for North and South Carolina in "Trade Allies" Directory
The new edition of Southern Business & Development magazine features the "1st Annual Trade Allies Directory." Nexsen Pruet is the only law firm listed in both North and South Carolina.
- "Myrtle Beach area's Freestyle paying to rename parkway"
Nexsen Pruet attorney Franklin Daniels is quoted in a Myrtle Beach Sun News article entitled "Myrtle Beach area's Freestyle paying to rename parkway."
- "New sales tax gets solid push"
Nexsen Pruet attorney Franklin Daniels is quoted in an article from The Sun News entitled "New sales tax gets solid push."
- Nexsen Pruet Creates Distressed Property and Workout Practice Group
The new group will provide clients with resources, skills and experience to help navigate issues that emerge during periods of economic and financial uncertainty.
- Attorney to Moderate Alternative Energy Forum
Nexsen Pruet attorney Franklin Daniels will moderate an alternative energy forum in Myrtle Beach.
- Nexsen Pruet Moves to The Market Common in Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach, SC – Nexsen Pruet announced that the law firm has moved its Myrtle Beach office into a new building at The Market Common in Myrtle Beach.
- Franklin Daniels Joins Nexsen Pruet's Real Estate Group
Franklin Daniels, whose broad-based real estate, corporate and economic development experience spans both the corporate and the law firm settings, has joined Nexsen Pruet as Special Counsel.
- Wofford College, B.A. in Finance, 1991
- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D., 1998
- New York University, LL.M. in Taxation, 2000
Bar & Court Admissions
- South Carolina
- Horry County
- Georgetown County
Civic & Professional Memberships
- Medical University of South Carolina, Board of Visitors
- Wofford College President's Advisory Board Member
- American Bar Association
- Friends of Brookgreen Gardens, Past President
- Liberty Fellowship of SC, Class of 2008
- Myrtle Beach Regional Economic Development Corporation Executive Committee (2008-Present); Secretary (2009-present)
- Coastal Carolina University E. Craig Wall College of Business Administration, Board of Directors (2008-2009)
- Coastal Carolina University, Robin W. Edwards College of Humanities and Fine Arts, Board of Directors (2005-2008)
- Low Country Day School, Board of Trustees (2007-2010)
- Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Grand Strand Graduate
- Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce Board Member/Executive Committee and Chairman of the Legislative Policy Council; Mitigation Committee Leader, Myrtle Beach Area Recovery Council/Long-Term Recovery Task Force and Treasurer and Chairman of the Finance Committee
- Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce, Chairman of the Board (2010-July 2011)
- Habitat for Humanity Georgetown County, Board of Directors (2005-2007)
- SC Alzheimer's Association, Board of Directors (2004-2005)
- Governor's Commission on Management, Accountability and Performance, Subcommittee (2003)
- Prince George Property Owners Association, Vice President (2001-2005)
- SC Captive Insurance Association, Board Member (2005-2007)
- BCI Insurance Services, Board Member (2005-2007)