Eric H. Biesecker's commercial litigation practice focuses on real estate litigation and construction law, including contract drafting, lien and bond claims, contract disputes, construction defect and delay litigation, title insurance claims, condemnations, foreclosures, and landlord-tenant disputes.
Mr. Biesecker is the 2011 Chair-Elect of the national Attorney's Council of the American Subcontractors Association. He will serve as Vice-Chairman of the Attorney's Council in 2011 and as Chairman in 2012.
Mr. Biesecker has lectured on a variety of topics affecting the construction industry, including:
- ASA of the Carolinas Annual Meeting - "Wachovia Bank vs. Superior Construction", Asheville, August 5th, 2011
- Half Moon seminar "North Carolina Construction Law," Greensboro, May 7, 2010
- "Current Issues in Construction Law," Greensboro, June 23, 2010
- 12th Annual Construction Executive Conference - "We Won't Get Fooled Again," Grandover Resort - Greensboro, October 14, 2010
- "NC Lien Law: Knowing Your Construction Lien Rights," November 17, 2009, Cary, NC
- North Carolina Highway Claims Seminar, February 27, 2009, Concord, NC
- "Understanding the New Generation of AIA Standard Contract Forms," December 5, 2008, Greensboro, NC
- “Lien on Me: When Developers, Liens and Title Insurance Collide,” February 22, 2007, Cary, NC
- “Construction Lien Law,” June 9, 2006, Greensboro, NC
- “The Fundamentals of Construction Contracts: Understanding the Issues,” August 25, 2005, Greensboro, NC
- “Current Issues in Construction Safety, Claims and Design-Build,” May 27, 2004, Charlotte, NC
- “Construction Lien Law,” April 22, 2004, Greensboro, NC
- “Construction Lien Law,” April 21, 2004, Raleigh, NC
- “Construction Claims,” November 6, 2003, Greensboro, NC
Mr. Biesecker received his B.A. degree, magna cum laude, in Economics from Wake Forest University and his J.D. degree, with honors, from the University of North Carolina School of Law in 1996, where he was a member of the North Carolina Law Review and the Order of the Coif.
- Chapter Counsel for the Triad chapter of the American Subcontractors Association of the Carolinas (2007 to present)
- Named among North Carolina's "Legal Elite" by Business North Carolina (2008,2009,2012)
- 2010 North Carolina Super Lawyers® "Rising Star"
- Best Lawyers in America - Construction Law, 2013
• When Wachovia Bank v. Superior Construction went to the North Carolina Court of Appeals, Mr. Biesecker, Richard Wilson and David Luzum filed an amicus curiae brief on behalf of the American Subcontractors Association and ASA of the Carolinas.
• Representation of contractor with claims in excess of $21 million for work on a electrical power distribution project
• Representation of bridge material supplier with multi-jurisdictional dispute concerning adequacy of epoxy-coated strand furnished to a suspension bridge being built in the mid-West
• Jonesboro United Methodist Church v. Mullins-Sherman Architects, L.L.P., 359 N.C. 593, 614 S.E.2d 268 (2005)
• Faulconer v. Wysong and Miles Co., 155 N.C.App. 598, 574 S.E.2d 688 (2002)
• Excel Staffing Service, Inc. v. HP Reidsville, Inc., 172 N.C.App. 281, 616 S.E.2d 349 (2005)
• Remington Arms Co., Inc. v. Heritage Graphics, LLC, 128 N.C. App. 234, 630 S.E.2d 743 (2006)
• J. H. Batten, Inc., v. Jonesboro United Meth. Ch., 158 N.C. App. 542, 581 S.E.2d 832, review denied, 357 N.C. 460, 585 S.E.2d 759 (2003)
• Insteel Wire Products Company v. Dywidag Systems International USA, 2009 WL 2253198 (M.D.N.C. - July 28, 2009)
• Insteel Wire Products Company v. Dywidag Systems International USA, 2010 WL 2471912 (M.D.N.C. - June 15, 2010)
- Nexsen Pruet Attorneys Named to the 2013 Edition of Best Lawyers in America®
Nexsen Pruet attorneys have been named to the Best Lawyers in America® list for 2013.
- "Lien and bond legislation becomes law"
Greensboro's The Triad Business Journal writes about "the first major adjustments made to the state lien laws since 1969.
- North Carolina Attorneys Honored as “Legal Elite”
Nexsen Pruet is pleased to announce that eight of its attorneys have been named to Business North Carolina magazine’s “Legal Elite” list for 2012.
- (Podcast) "ASA and ASA of the Carolinas' Legal Victory on Lien Rights in North Carolina: What It Means for Subcontractors"
Nexsen Pruet attorney Eric Biesecker discusses a North Carolina Court of Appeals decision that helps "preserve the value of subcontractors' mechanic’s liens."
- Construction Attorneys Help ASA and ASA of the Carolinas in Defending Lien Rights
The North Carolina Court of Appeals just reversed a significant North Carolina Business Court decision that misinterpreted the scope of common interim lien waiver language.
- Biesecker Named to Subcontractor Leadership Post
Nexsen Pruet is pleased to announce that attorney Eric Biesecker is the 2011 Chair-Elect of the national Attorney's Council of the American Subcontractors Association.
- "ASA and ASA of the Carolinas Tell North Carolina Court of Appeals: Lien Waivers Don’t Waive Lien Laws"
Nexsen Pruet attorneys Eric Biesecker, Richard Wilson, and David Luzum filed an amicus curiae, or friend of the court, brief for the American Subcontractors Association and ASA of the Carolinas in the North Carolina Court of Appeals on October 28, 2010. The case was Wachovia Bank v. Superior Construction, involving the effect of interim lien waivers on the relation back of lien rights. “The protections afforded contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers through mechanics’ and laborers’ liens are essential to the survival of the construction industry,” according to the brief.
- Charlotte and Greensboro Attorneys Recognized by North Carolina Super Lawyers®
Nine attorneys from the Charlotte and Greensboro offices of Nexsen Pruet have been named to the 2010 list of North Carolina Super Lawyers®. Four more attorneys are named as “North Carolina Rising Stars.”
- Ten Nexsen Pruet Attorneys Named as "Legal Elite"
Ten Nexsen Pruet attorneys have been named in Business North Carolina magazine’s “Legal Elite.”
- Eric Biesecker Named Counsel for Triad Chapter of Carolinas Subcontractor's Association
Eric H. Biesecker, a Member (partner) in the Greensboro office of Nexsen Pruet Adams Kleemeier, has been appointed counsel of the Triad chapter of the American Subcontractors Association of the Carolinas (ASAC).
- Wake Forest University, B.A., 1993
- University of North Carolina, J.D., 1996
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
Civic & Professional Memberships
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Greensboro Bar Association