Gary Beaver focuses his practice on commercial litigation involving fiduciary duties, products liability, intellectual property (trademarks and copyrights), e-commerce issues, false advertising, torts, contract disputes, and bad faith insurance defense.
Mr. Beaver received a B.S. degree with distinction from the U.S. Naval Academy and a J.D. from Duke University School of Law while on active duty in the U.S. Marine Corps. From 1982 to 1989, Mr. Beaver served in various judge advocate jobs in the Marine Corps at military bases in North Carolina, Hawaii, and California. From 1989 to 2007, Mr. Beaver served in the USMC Reserves, including as the senior lawyer at European Command in Stuttgart, Germany and as the senior legal advisor to the Commander of the Kosovo Force, a United Nations peace-keeping force.
In 1989, Mr. Beaver entered private practice. He has tried cases in arbitration and in state and federal courts in North Carolina, South Carolina, Hawaii, and Texas, and handled appeals in the North Carolina state appellate courts and in the United States Courts of Appeal for the Fourth, Ninth, and Federal Circuits.
Mr. Beaver also teaches Trial Advocacy and Pre-trial Litigation courses as an adjunct professor at Elon University School of Law in Greensboro, N.C.
View my appellate litigation blog:
- Colonel, USMCR, retired
- U.S. Naval Justice School, Honor Graduate
- North Carolina Bar Association, Appellate Rules Study Committee
- American Bar Association's Litigation Section Internet and Internet Litigation subcommittee for the Commercial and Business Litigation Committee, co-chair
- Eastern District of North Carolina, Special Assistant U.S. Attorney, (1983-1984)
- District of Hawaii, Special Assistant U.S. Attorney, (1985-1988)
- USNA Alumni Association's Piedmont Triad Chapter, Founder
Springwall v. Timeless Bedding, Inc., 207 F.Supp.2d 410 (MDNC 2002)
French v. The Chosin Few, Inc., 209 F.Supp.2d 593 (WDNC 2002)
The Chosin Few, Inc. v. Scott, 173 F.Supp.2d 451 (WDNC 2001)
Glendale Neighborhood Association v. Greensboro Housing Authority, 956 F.Supp. 1270 (MDNC 1996)
Glendale Neighborhood Association v. Greensboro Housing Authority, 901 F.Supp. 996 (MDNC 1995)
Haizlip v. MFI of South Carolina, Inc., 2003 WL 21791639 (N.C.App. 2003)
Pototsky v. Department of Navy, 695 F.Supp. 1084 (D.Haw. 1988)
Stout v. United States, 696 F.Supp.538 (D.Haw.1987)
- U.S. Naval Academy, B.S., 1977
- Duke University, J.D. 1982
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina
- North Carolina Supreme Court
- North Carolina Court of Appeals
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Fourth, Ninth, and Federal Circuits
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans' Claims
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of North Carolina, the Northern District of Texas, the District of South Carolina, and the District of Hawaii
Civic & Professional Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Greensboro Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association