Amy Clayton practices in the areas of commercial real estate, general business and corporate law, and commercial lending, with special emphasis on real estate development and commercial leasing.
Ms. Clayton represents a wide range of clients including individuals, developers, small businesses, non-profit associations and large corporations. She works with real estate purchasers and sellers in all aspects of real estate transactions, including contract drafting and negotiations, title issues, zoning and other due diligence matters, project development and financing. Ms Clayton frequently assists both landlord and tenants with commercial lease negotiation and documentation and advises them on lease dispute issues. She represents regional and national banks and farm credit associations with commercial loan transactions and also has experience in general corporate matters and property tax appeals.
Ms. Clayton received a B.S., summa cum laude, in Biochemistry from Clemson University, where she was the recipient of the Algernon Sydney Sullivan Award. She received her J.D., magna cum laude, from the University of South Carolina, where she served as Articles Editor of the South Carolina Law Review, was a member of the Order of the Wig and Robe and the Order of the Coif, and was a recipient of CALI Awards in Business Corporations, Criminal Procedure and Evidence.
- Nexsen Pruet Elects Six New Members
Nexsen Pruet has elected six attorneys as Members (Partners) of the firm effective January 1, 2013.
- Amy Clayton Awarded ULI Wells Fargo Scholarship
Amy Clayton has been awarded the ULI "Who's Next" Scholarship.
- (Video) Nexsen Pruet Helps the Salvation Army's Red Kettle Campaign
Nexsen Pruet attorneys and staffers volunteered their time to serve as bell ringers for The Salvation Army's Red Kettle campaign.
- Amy Clayton Selected for Leadership Columbia
Clayton is an associate with the firm’s Real Estate Group. While she regularly represents clients on matters involving real estate development, leasing and financing, Clayton also handles a wide range of general business and transactional matters for corporations, non-profits and individuals.
- Nexsen Pruet Named One of the “Best Companies in the Midlands For Working Moms”
Nexsen Pruet is the only law firm recognized by the program.
- Nexsen Pruet Earns Designation as 'Midlands Green Business'
Nexsen Pruet has earned designation as a Midlands Green Business, joining other Columbia-area organizations that are committed to environmentally responsible practices in the workplace.
- "Please re-lease me: Upstate office glut looms"
The October 27, 2008 edition of GSA Business features a story about Nexsen Pruet's upcoming move and the amount of vacant office space in the Greenville area.
- Four Attorneys Join Nexsen Pruet
Nexsen Pruet, LLC announced today that Amy E. Allen, George Bullwinkel, Amy Harrison Clayton, and Jennifer Hollingsworth have joined the law firm as associates.
- Clemson University, B.S. in Biochemistry, summa cum laude, 2000
- University of South Carolina, magna cum laude, J.D., 2005
Bar & Court Admissions
Civic & Professional Memberships
- South Carolina Bar
- Richland County Bar Association
- Urban Land Institute, Executive Committee - Midlands Region
- CREW Midlands, Membership Committee
- Columbia Museum of Art Contemporaries Society
- Girls on the Run of Columbia, Vice Chairman, Board of Directors