George J.F. Bullwinkel, III practices primarily in the areas of real estate acquisition and development, commercial real estate, administrative law, including permitting, zoning and land sales registrations; development agreements and economic development.
Mr. Bullwinkel represents clients in securing economic development incentives, large tract rezoning approval and infrastructure agreements with various agencies, counties and municipalities of the State of South Carolina.
Before joining Nexsen Pruet, Bullwinkel spent five months in Northern Ireland in 2004 as a project manager with Larne Enterprise Development Co., working on various economic development projects.
- Charleston Business Journals' 40 Under 40 list - 2011
- Leadership Charleston
- Member of the Nexsen Pruet team that successfully represented MeadWestvaco Corporation's Community Development and Land Management Group and the Rockefeller Group in procuring incentives for a new distribution center in Berkeley County.
- Extensive experience drafting and negotiating local development agreements involving the state, county and major developers.
- Represented the investment company that developed hundreds of acres in Berkeley County.
- Represented a large corporation in the acquisition and entitlement of a 5,132 acre tract in Hardeeville, South Carolina.
- Partnering with the private and public sectors to assist in the preparation of federal and state grant applications to fund infrastructure improvements.
- Clemson University, B.S. in Business Management, 2001, cum laude
- WHU-Otto Beisheim Graduate School of Management in Koblenz, 2004
- Moore School of Business at the University of South Carolina, International MBA, 2005, summa cum laude
- University of South Carolina, J.D., 2005
Bar & Court Admissions
Civic & Professional Memberships
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Charleston County Bar Association
- Charleston County Conservation Bank Board (2006)
- Trident Technical College Foundation, Board of Trustees
- Hibernian Society, Management Committee
- Charleston Chamber of Commerce, Board of Advisors
- Carolina Yacht Club
- Urban Land Institute
- Leadership Charleston Class of 2010