Sean M. Phelan practices in the areas of banking and finance, commercial real estate, corporate law, telecommunications, and workers' compensation litigation.
Mr. Phelan received his undergraduate degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with highest honors. Mr. Phelan is a member of Phi Beta Kappa and a recipient of the John Motley Morehead Scholarship at the University of North Carolina.
He received his law degree and masters in business administration from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where he served on the Editorial Staff of The North Carolina Journal of International Law and Commercial Regulation.
Mr. Phelan serves on the Firm's Board of Directors. He is active in the North Carolina Bar Association and currently serves as Chair of the Commercial Committee for the Real Property Section of that organization. He has also been involved in various civic organizations including coaching youth sports and leading property owners' associations.
- Handling of real estate, asset based and SBA loans for local and national lenders.
- Acquisition and development of commercial, residential, condominium and mixed-use projects.
- Commercial lease negotiations for office and retail uses, and lease workouts.
- Telecommunication site approval, zoning and leasing.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., 1988
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, M.B.A., 1992
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, J.D., 1992
Bar & Court Admissions
Civic & Professional Memberships
- North Carolina Bar
- Mecklenburg County Bar
- North Carolina State Bar
- Urban Land Institute