Ms. Nikole Mergo is a member licensed and representing clients in both South Carolina and North Carolina, practicing in complex commercial litigation with a concentration on employment litigation defense and advice and counseling, unfair business practices, and healthcare employment work. She also has experience in the coordination of the defense of nationwide litigation filed in South Carolina, class action practice, and pharmaceutical pricing defense.
Ms. Mergo also provides daily employment law advice and counseling, as well as litigation defense, to corporate clients, including health care entities and providers (see article regarding an amicus brief here) and manufacturers, as well as locally owned businesses. She assists those clients on matters involving all aspects of employment law, including representation before the District Courts of South and North Carolina, the EEOC and SHAC, and the South Carolina Department of Employment and Workforce.
Ms. Mergo received her B.A. in English with distinction from the University of Virginia in 1996. In 1999, she received her J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law, where she was a Semi-Finalist in the Lile Moot Court Competition and Senior Editorial Board Member of the Virginia Journal of International Law.
- Best Lawyers in America, Litigation - Labor and Employment (2013)
- IADC Trial Academy - 2003 Graduate
- Former Member, University of Virginia Jefferson Scholars Regional Selection Committee
- South Carolina Super Lawyer - Rising Star, Employment Litigation: Defense and Business Litigation(2012)
- University of Virginia, B.A., 1996
- University of Virginia, J.D., 1999
Bar & Court Admissions
- South Carolina
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Western District of North Carolina
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
Civic & Professional Memberships
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar
- Richland County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar
- Palmetto Center for Women, Board of Directors